Found Trash to Convert to Collage Art
This week was a bit sad and chaotic as we had a very close death in the family and I didn’t do much walking around outdoors. But when I did get out yesterday to clear the cobwebs of grief from my head, here are some things I found. I couldn’t help but feel it was the universe’s way of telling me to return to my usual healing modality – art.
Here’s what I found:
- Two AMAZING, gnarly beer bottle caps already flattened and rusty
- A wrapper from a “nickel collector” tossed from a car window. Nickels? What can you do with a $2 roll of nickels these days? They don’t fit well into parking meters an would take forever to feed a hungry $1.25 meter around here. And not very practical at a drive-through window….$2 doesn’t go very far.
- Scrap of black lace. I confess, this piece I picked up with trepidation because I wasn’t packing my rubber gloves on the walk, but….it doesn’t look like it came from anything touching skin, does it? I did wash it with hand soap when I got home.
- Nice, but new-ish, yellow folded paper with an interesting heft to it
- And I confess, the partial slip of red headline (far right) I “found” on my art lab floor and it just went nicely with the other detritus. Please indulge me due to the recent grief.
Stand by as I whip this into a collage and include a few how-did-I-do-its. With the holiday next week (Thanksgiving for those of you across the pond) and settling back into my daily routine, it might take a while or I just might work on it this afternoon before the funeral service.